Friday, May 29, 2009

A Whole New World

A Week Ago I started watching One of the longest running TV shows, Doctor Who. Now I started with the TV movie from 1996, which I enjoyed and would have like to have seen more with the 8th Doctor but oh well, then I moved on to the 2005 series and Again I fell in love with another TV show. It's just so different form any other show I've watched that I've become obsessed. The great thing with the 2005 series in the fact that you don't really need to have any pervious knowledge of The Doctor to enjoy the show and it will quickly pull you in. Never Have I felt this much compassion for one character thats I feel I've entered a whole new world. Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper are the reason I got so hooked, but even then I had no idea what to except with With David Tennant's Doctor. He blew my mind and I'm not going to lie I might have a little bit of a man crush, I just want to hang out with his Doctor. I think it would be a blast. Then I would love to marry Billie Piper's character Rose. Never have I ever wanted to be a part of a show then this, and I believe that I see some of my self in his Doctor maybe more then I would like to admit. Then came Torchwood not much to say I liked it alot, not any where never that of Doctor Who but it was a good companion to the show. Next is Season three of Doctor Who, which I felt was the weakest out of David's run but I felt closer to him then ever with trying to get over the lose of Rose and his struggle to move on, which I've had to face more often then not. I then moved to season two of Torchwood and Season Four of Doctor Who, This time I watched them somewhat back to back these seasons had more cross overs with each other and it was for the best it really made Torchwood seem more vital then it did to me the first season, plus it had James Marsters. And For this being Tennant last full season as the Doctor it did not disappoint, I can't recall a show ever having this epic of season Finally which was all the better with the return of Billie Piper as Rose made it all the better. I was sad to see it come to an end knowing that David's run would soon be over and a new Actor would take up the mantle, but it was a happy sad because it was a finally that every TV show wishes it could have. Now There are the four Doctor Who specials this year which I've enjoyed both of which have aired but coming off of the awesome season Four finally lack in comparison, The first of which being The Next Doctor, which was fun and it showed all 10 Actors to play the Doctors which was cool and all around fun. Then Planet of the Dead was fun as well but was still missing the magic I felt season 4 had. There are only 3 more outings before Matt Smith becomes The Next Doctor, which I'm sure he'll do a fine job but David Tennant will always be my Doctor.

Update: he is also going to be on two episode of the Sarah Jane Adventures as the Doctor



No comments:

Post a Comment