Sunday, April 26, 2009

Then like a sinner before the gates of heaven I'll come crawling on back to you

Well here it goes

So I'm David West, thats the easy part. I'm going to use this blog to tell my life story, because I get bitched at if I do it there. So About me, I'm a writer and director, some people would argue that I'm neither. I first started doing this my sacred notebook which I won at the 2006 Indiana Tech Olympics ( which we placed 2nd in) but that has been compromised. At the moment I'm up to my ass in debit (glad to see that hasn't changed in three years) and all I buy are comic books and DVD's. I first used my note book to, well, take notes, make changes and additions to my script "Comics" which I've been working on for all most 5 years, things are going well on it for the first time in a while I gave it to one of the best writers I know to rewrite it and give it the heart it needed, when he's done with it I'm going to go back through and add my on heart back in to, I will say this, that the changes made to it over the past 2 years have been awesome and I can't wait for James to finish his draft. Comics is the brain child of my self and Edsel Kosieniak, it still seems that it our baby even though he hasn't touched it in years. A lot of the script is based on personal experiences and things I've lived through. 
So I'm 2 months away from Graduating from Full Sail University, it really doesn't seem like its been that long since I graduated High School but come the end of May it two years. I don't know if I'm ready to move on because now reality kicks in and the beginning of my life starts.  I'm worried that everyone is going to pass me by and I wont be able to catch up, but at the same time I want to look back at everyone and tell them they were wrong about me, but I see my self going back home after school and just getting comfortable again. Comics is the only thing that is keeping me going right now, I want to see it finished, but I know I wont be able to until all the right people are back in the swing of things. After this past week end I know I can't just go back to being the Old David West that I always seem to fall back to, that shit isn't happening. Now I'm in the middle of my second 35mm final project which is going a lot better for me then my first one did, which couldn't have been worse, talk about feeling completely unwanted, when your busting your ass only to be told to go sit on the grip truck for about 5 hours, so yeah I'll admit it, that killed my work ethic for that project, but I was still busting my ass After being dropped from the electric team. 
Well talk to you tomorrow, 
David West

No comments:

Post a Comment